Banner

Banner

Friday, October 10, 2014

Using Etsy Effectively - FRIDAY FINDS


Today’s Friday finds is for the Etsy shop that made me fall in love with Etsy in the first place!


Mud Cards by Keren Mudahi is located in Tel Aviv, Isreal. 

Mud Cards creates amazingly adorable wedding cake toppers out of clay!  She asks you to send her a picture of yourself and your fiancĂ©.  You then send a picture (or describe) your planned wedding outfits, flowers, and wedding veil style. You can choose to add your child, a pet, or a shout out to a hobby that you share as a couple.

I used a cake topper from Mud Cards for my own wedding back in March 2014.  My personal topper included myself, my now-husband, and our cat, Athena.  Keren managed to capture our likenesses perfectly! It was so much fun to see myself turned into a Claymation character!  She even got my wedding dress down perfectly. Every detail of my dress was carefully included, such as the shape of the bodice, and the sparkly details throughout the gown. 


The cake topper was a big hit at the wedding. Many of my guests felt compelled to take pictures of it!




Keren takes a couple of weeks to create your cake topper and then ships it to you using 3 week regular shipping, or 1 week express shipping. I procrastinated on my purchase and she was extremely helpful in making sure that I chose express shipping so that I received my cake topper in time for my wedding.

Overall, Keren provided amazing customer service. I sent her a message on Etsy to ask questions about her work, and she answered my query in a matter of hours.  Before she listed the cake topper on Etsy for me to purchase, she sent me an image to double check that all the details were correct.  At first I was disappointed to see that the little cat had been painted more brown than grey, a detail that was lost because of the quality of the image that I had sent her of my cat.  However, Keren was great about this! She simply informed me that she would need a day or two to fix it, and re-painted the cat to perfectly match Athena!  I was amazed by her quick responses and attention to detail!


My cake topper ended up being my favorite piece of decoration from my wedding. It now lives on top of my dresser, so that I can see it every day! If you are in the market for a cute, unique wedding cake topper, check out www.etsy.com/shop/mudcards.
Thank you for reading this week's Friday Finds. I hope everyone has an amazing weekend! My husband and I are off to celebrate the long Columbus day weekend by visiting my brother and his girlfriend in New York City! Remember to check out my Etsy shop at  www.etsy.com/shop/peartreestitches

No comments:

Post a Comment